Affinity Labs offers a range of customised microbiological services for wine producers. The team of specialised scientists can conduct a diverse range of projects and trials, and has been involved in a number of major product development projects for global commercial companies.
Some examples of the tailored services available include:
- Microbiological audits of packaging lines
- Brettanomyces audits of wineries
- Consulting/troubleshooting on microbiological issues
- Small-scale winemaking (200 µL – 30 L) for research and commercial trials
- Novel yeast strain development
- High-throughput physiological screening of yeast
- Metagenomics tools to characterise natural ferments
- Chemical and sensorial characterisation of alcoholic beverages and ferments
Standard microbiological testing of wine samples is also available, including micro perusals, sterility checks, microbial identification based on DNA sequencing and Brettanomyces plating.
Contact us for more information.